May 2021 - Trustee positions
Dwell Housing Trust is seeking to appoint two to three new trustees to fill current vacancies and to allow for continuity when existing long-serving trustees conclude their terms.
We are seeking potential trustees with the following experience and skill sets:
- property development, project management, architecture or construction management relevant to community housing developments
- communications, marketing or lobbying
- raising funds, have strong relevant networks and who enjoy networking
Dwell has significant projects underway to provide new quality housing in the Wellington region. We need trustees who can assist the board in fulfilling its governance role over these new projects and the ongoing growth of Dwell.
As well as your specialist skills you will have a social heart, be a sound strategic thinker, a strong people person and a great team player. It is desirable that you have a track record as a board member with a good knowledge of governance. The responsibilities and qualities of the trust board members, are listed in the role profile document.
Dwell has a minimum of eight board meetings each year including a strategic planning day. Most meetings are held early evening in Wellington CBD.
There is a lot of information about our great organisation on our website including biographies of our people, information about Dwell and what we do, and our latest annual report.
To apply please email by Alison by 5pm on 30 June 2021 with:
- Your up-to-date CV showing your career history and governance experience
- A brief supporting statement detailing how you are a good candidate for trustee
- A completed declaration form
April 2021 - Team administrator position
Bring your experience in administration and be part of a supportive team where work life balance is encouraged, and being forward thinking is one of our values!
You may not have a background in housing but if you want to be part of our team of passionate professionals, thrive on getting the job done well and would get a buzz working for an organisation with people at the heart of what we do, we would love to hear from you.
As the Team Administrator you’ll provide high quality administration support to the Dwell staff team and excellent customer service to our tenants and other customers. You will be a can-do and practical person, who can manage the detailed aspects of administration.Our organisation is growing, and we have ambitious plans for our future, so it’s an exciting time to join our small close-knit team in this newly created role.
We are looking for someone who:
- can prioritise effectively, be flexible and have good problem solving skills
- is friendly and comfortable communicating with a wide range of people
- is interested in housing and ideally, is keen to build a career in tenancy management or the sector
- can juggle a varied workload and enjoys that no two days are ever the same
- brings great IT skills and embraces technology.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent oral and written communication and relationship skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programmes including Word and Excel
- Great organisation skills, able to juggle multiple demands on their time
- Great problem-solving ability, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers if needed
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act (desirable not essential)
- Experience in tenancy, property management or a community organisation (desirable not essential)
January 2021 - Welcome Back Liz
Our staff team is growing. We've recently welcomed Liz Kemp back to Dwell, and she returns as our Tenancy Operations Manager, a new role for Dwell in 2021.
Liz was Dwell’s Housing Manager for four years until early 2019 and we are so happy to have Liz back on board. She'll look after the day-to-day tenancy and property management operations, freeing up Alison, our magnificent CE, to work on growing Dwell’s profile.
Alison's focus will be on exploring innovative solutions for Dwell to provide even more affordable homes in the Wellington region.
November 2020 - Shared home ownership programme
Dwell is working hard to make first time home ownership a goal for some families/whanau. We are hoping to restart our “Own Well” programme in 2021 with the help of the government’s Progressive Home Ownership Fund. We want to know if there are families who are interested in and eligible for the programme.
How it works is Dwell is a shared owner with the family, who over time become the full owner. More information, along with an Expression of Interest form for families who think they might be eligible, can be found on our shared home ownership programme page.
November 2020 - Annual Report